Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Where the wild things are (Postura Day #4)

So Kira gave me this awesome pair of lightweight, printed pants.  Well it does nothing for the figure, but I love it because it’s bright, colorful and really cool.  Literally.  It’s perfect wear for summer.  Plus, I was hoping for an excuse to troop out in the Ferretti mustard/rust suede pumps from the previous post.  This was the day I learned the pumps really do slip off my feet when I walk, but I didn’t want to change into my emergency flats so I…rolled up a bunch of tissue paper and stuffed them at the toes.  Didn’t even care that some people could see me at the lavatory doing just that, haha!
It was 2 days after the ombre hair coloring by Azta, and, coincidentally, I had an appointment at Benefits salon, which is owned by Robina’s (owner of Azta Tomas Morato) sister, Roseanne.  I guess love of beauty really does run in the family!  I didn’t get to meet her, though, and sadly, I wasn’t able to attend the little blogger gathering just last Friday.  But I do hope I get to meet her soon, as I plan on dropping by either of the sisters’ salons.
Benefits Salon is in Eastwood–which I discovered recently, thanks to a photo-finish use of my Fresh Fragrance Bar gc before its demise. (More on what I got from there soon).  I fell in love in Eastwood right away–it feels like how Alabang Town Center used to be, when it was so chill and pretty.  I wish it weren’t so far.  Or at least I hope ATC would be more like it again, but I doubt it.  There have been more renovations as of late, and ATC is starting to look more…mall-ish.
So here’s a pretty serious outfit shot for you. Don’t be fooled by the lack of my usual wild, curly mane–I had to avoid getting my hair wet/shampooed for two days, just in time for the hair keratin treatment I had scheduled at Benefits.
The blog post title is like that because I feel very tribal (wild) and somewhat chubbier than usual in this outfit, like the big fat monsters of the book/movie.
Top: Forever 21
Necklace: Manila FAME
Bag: Freeway Manansala National Artist Collection
Shoes: Ferretti
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
So how long can I keep from maintaining a serious fashion blogger moment?
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
Not very long, apparently
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
I really liked the tinted lip balm I was wearing–Butterfly Kisses Vitamin Stix by Bare Naturals, which I swiped from Kira. It’s FANTASTIC! I have to accept the fact that lipstick may not be my sort of thing.  They feel heavy, but while I can go tiis ganda for hours, they’re just very drying on my already dry lips.  These lip balms from Bare Naturals give off so much color that people mistake it for lipstick anyway!  Very highly pigmented.
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
Where the wild things are (Eastwood)
That keychain is just plain awesomesauce.  Ana Gonzales made it for the the participants last Bloggers United.
And that’s it!  The other photos taken that day (after the Keratin treatment) can be found here, on the ombre post, in case you missed that.  You might be interested in taking a keratin treatment or going for a new style of coloring your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment