Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Styling for Metro Weddings 2013 and Cover Girl Andi Manzano


Metro Weddings Andi Manzano

I recently joined the Metro Weddings team, and my first issue came out last October 2013 (and I’m only posting about it now, yes!).  If you don’t have it yet, please do grab a copy.  It’s the beautiful Andi Manzano on the cover, who got married around the same time this came out.  Metro Weddings is a bi-annual production, so my wedding magazine styling debut is still the latest issue.  I had a lot of fun, as the theme was “Andi in Wonderland”, and it was a very dreamy, frothy production.  Though my personal style has always been a little on the hard-edged or urban bohemian, I actually love playing with a lot of feminine and whimsical elements when I style for other people.  I dealt with a lot of pastels here–which was not as challenging as you’d think it would be for me!  We did sugary sweet and sometimes over-the-top, and of course, a lot of unabashedly feminine touches to everything.

Metro Weddings Oct 2013 Andi Manzano - Styling by Alex Lapa and Ana Lloren
Metro Weddings Oct 2013 Andi Manzano - Styling by Alex Lapa and Ana Lloren

The lovely cakes were from Goldilocks.  And oh my goodness…  I don’t think I’ve been so well-fed as those weeks when we were shooting for this issue’s layouts.  Our usual caterer was Bizu, and their food was ALWAYS divine.  It’s not just the pastries (which is what they’re most famous for). I have not tasted anything from them that I didn’t like.  And those Goldilocks cakes?  I ate some of the buttercream cupcakes after the shoot and let me tell you, they are as scrumptious as they look.


Andi Manzano Metro Weddings 2013 Goldilocks cake 

Andi Manzano Hairpiece by Bonne, from AC+632 Gown: Isabelle Celdran 
Gown: Kristel Yulo
          
Shoes: Faire La Fete  

 














No comments:

Post a Comment